Most of you know that we had planned to launch a week ago. Well, we were ahead of ourselves. We decided to take a step back and let the new site burn for a week just to make sure everything was up to snuff. It’s been a week, no major issues and we’ve entered a new month. We’re psyched to launch sphere. Here’s what is new in the V1.5 release:
- custom range histogram;
- sphere it bookmarklet that makes it easy to find blog posts that relate to what you’re reading on the Web;
- top queries this hour/ this week;
- community feedback buttons throughout the site;
- expanded related media verticals including podcasts (Yahoo! API), books (Amazon API), and photos (CNET Webshots API);
- expanded related news articles coverage (over 50 mainstream news sites such as CNN, NYT, ESPN, Fox, USA Today to name a few);
- expanded profiles;
- featured blogs for over 12,000 keyword search terms for broad topics including venture capital, baseball, anime, food, web 2.0, tech news, knitting, culture, etc.; and
- a brand new back end that scales.
Our two favorite features are the 1) custom range feature (you’ll find it in the drop down box that says “last week” – do a search on mohammed cartoons and hit custom range – it really illustrates it’s utility) and 2) the sphere it bookmarklet.
Give it a spin and let us know your thoughts. We hope you like it.